I gave out the wrong dates for the end of year events, I am sorry about that, and I want to correct the record. Please note these important dates in your family calendars:
Last rehearsal for 2017 Friday 8 December (usual times)
End of year concert Sunday 10 December (3pm)
Awards night/break-up Friday 15 December (times to be confirmed...)
There are quite a few things to let you know about, some I should have mentioned earlier, apologies for that delay. Read on ...
- The main entrance to the Old Library on Friday nights is now the side entrance (this I should have mentioned last week...ooops.) This is a trial, now that explorer strings has taken over the main room. Feedback welcome!
- Busking opportunity at Mark and Dorothy Gatland’s house on a garden open day Saturday 25 November 10 - 3pm, Manganese Road, contact Bill Mallet on 021 231 1070
- Final rehearsal night for the year is Friday 8 December
- End of year concert Friday 15 December at 3pm, Forum North
- End of year 'do' following the concert at the Old Library from 5 - 7pm, bring a plate and a musical item to perform
- Reminder please check that your membership fees are all paid up. This includes choir members who meet on Wednesday and may forget easier😉
- Same with those of you who hire instruments please check fees are paid.
- Congratulations to Bella and Maia-Dean on passing their grade 5 theory exams - this I should have sent a while ago, well done girls!.
- And same with this - a big congratulations to M+Ms for making it to the semi-finals of the NZCT Chamber music competition in Wellington, and to Maia-Dean for also getting to the grand final with Trio Astor.
- We start rehearsals in 2018 on Friday 9 February - mark your calendars....
- Please can we ask that you supervise your children who are not musicians yet - we want to create a safe, well-looked after space for everyone to enjoy
- Last but not least my time is up and we are looking for a new secretary for WYM. This is a great opportunity to work in with a great committee. This position includes a variety of tasks, like updating the web-site, taking meeting minutes, sending out newsy updates, checking incoming and outgoing mail. Send all your enquiries to email@example.com
That's all folks!
Greetings musicians and musician supporters,
Please arrive 15 minutes earlier than you usually do on Friday this week for group photographs🎬.
We are really keen to have current photos of each group on our web-site and we think this is a good way to achieve that.
Please look for Bella who will take the photographs, she will meet you outside the library front door if your group meets in daylight. And she will meet you inside the library if your group meets after dark.
Bella will be the one with the camera👍.
Thanks so much, and keep up all the good practice and music!